2019 has been a busy year for EHS compliance changes as shown by the environmental timeline above. Quarter 4 has also seen the introduction of compliance changes despite the ongoing election and Brexit discussions. A sample of these changes is provided below:
- DEFRA GHG conversion figures
- Groundwater Abstraction rules change – end of exemptions
- GHG Trading Scheme (Amendment) Regulations 2019
- HSE Welding guidance
- No Deal readiness report
- Ecodesign for energy related products and energy information (Amendment) Regulations 2019
- Invasive alien species (Enforcement and Permitting) (Amendment) Order 2019
- REACH Candidate list
- EU Withdrawal Act (Exit Day) (Amendment No )3 Regulations 2019
- Environment Bill
The Environment Bill can make no further progress due to the dissolution of Parliament. The Act is in eight parts and Part 1 referred to Environmental Governance and the Office for Environmental Protection. Section 8 which refers to miscellaneous and general provisions outlined the strategy for the regulation of chemicals and REACH.
The numerous EU Exit amendments to regulations have not been included in this list. Although it may be useful for organisations to add these amendments which come into force on the EU exit day.
For further information please see the SEL Quarterly compliance updates and Compliance briefings.